The Times-Kiwanis Camp Fund
The Times-Kiwanis Camp Fund was founded in 1955 by members of the Kiwanis Club of Trenton in partnership with The Times. Since then, thousands of financially-disadvantaged youths and children with special needs have been able to experience the joys of nature and growth opportunities provided at summer camp.
Each year, through an application process, summer camp programs are selected to receive Times-Kiwanis Camp Fund grants for camp scholarships or to provide affordable camp opportunities to children residing in low-income households or children with special needs.
- Organizations servicing the greater Mercer County area.
- Programs holding a summer camp license from either the New Jersey Department of Children and Families or the New Jersey Department of Health.
- Organizations that maintain current tax-exempt status under Section501(c)3 of the Internal Revenue Service.
- Organizations whose prime use for any grant funds received would be providing summer camp programs for economically disadvantaged children or children with special needs.
A committee comprised of Kiwanis Club of Trenton members would review and make funding decisions on all submitted requests.
Applications are reviewed within 90 days of the submission date, and organizations are notified of decisions via e-mail. All funding decisions are final.
Receipt of an application does not ensure or guarantee funding.
In the event of being awarded a grant, the Kiwanis Club of Trenton will contact the agency to schedule a formal check presentation to be held either at a Kiwanis Club of Trenton lunch meeting, the offices of the Times of Trenton, or at the camp administrative offices. The amount of funding available is determined by the results of the current Times-Kiwanis Camp Fund solicitation drive, which is run during the summer months. All funds donated during the solicitation period are distributed through the grant process. Grants are provided for use during the summer camp season in the next calendar year.
Documents to Include with the Application
- Copy of tax-exempt status letter from IRS
- Current camp license
- Current year camp brochure
Programs interested in receiving funds for the forthcoming camp season must submit an application and applicable attachments postmarked by August 31 to:
The Kiwanis Club of Trenton
Trenton, NJ 08628
PO Box 7455
Download the Application Form here.